Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Quotes quotes quotes

Another fellow shared this quote with me today (she noticed I am obsessed with quotes), I really liked it and just wanted to share:

"The only dream worth having is to dream that you will live while you're alive and die only when you're dead: To love. To be loved. To never forget your own insignificance. To never get used to the unspeakable violence and the vulgar disparity of life around you. To seek joy in the saddest places. To pursue beauty to its lair. To never simplify what is complicated or complicate what is simple. To respect strength, never power. Above all, to watch. To try and understand. To never look away. And never, never to forget."~A. Roy.

Explains a lot (not all) of why I am here in India for all of you who are still confused as to why I decided to do this.

My settling in Hyderabad is a roller coaster..but I am just so glad I am here :)

3 comments:

RIOS said...

I love the quote. I am glad that you are having a fun time in India. Stay optimistic as you already are and KIT.=)

Unknown said...

Nafessa, thru you I am living and marvel of your experiences in India. You have given us such an insight that I can actually feel what you have written about. What an eye opener...... Keep them coming!

Blessed are you to be having this opportunity, we all are very proud of you and always wish the best for you. God bless and keep you safe and happy.

I love you
Mommie

neeshy said...

beautiful